First, the pertinence is different:
1. Imaging technology is for the learning of operation technology.
2. Imaging includes diagnosis and technology, and the scope of imaging is wider.
Second, the basic definitions are different:
1. Medical imaging technology is mainly divided into contrast agent, traditional X-ray photography, digital X-ray photography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, digital subtraction angiography, image display and recording.
2. Medical imaging technology also includes image processing and computer-aided diagnosis, image archiving and communication system, medical image quality management and imaging protection, and clinical application of medical imaging technology.
3. Medical imaging is the study of the interaction with the human body with the help of a certain medium (such as X-rays, electromagnetic fields, ultrasounds, etc.), and the internal tissue and organ structure and density of the human body are expressed in the form of images.
4. The role of medical imaging is a science for diagnosticians to judge according to the information provided by imaging, so as to evaluate the health status of the human body, including medical imaging systems and medical image processing two aspects of relatively independent research directions.
Third, the content of learning is different:
1. Image technology is more focused on science and engineering, such as physics, computer programming requirements are relatively high, VB, C language, macro assembly, single-chip microcomputer must be learned, of course, as well as image processing, so the English requirements are also high, because many are English operations.
2. The direction of imaging diagnosis is closer to clinical, in addition to learning various professional courses of imaging diagnosis, clinical medical students must also learn clinical courses such as internal and external women and children, ophthalmology, skin, neuropathy, and nuclear medicine
4. Different destinations after graduation:
1. After graduating from imaging technology, he mainly entered the hospital B ultrasound room to become a technician.
2. After graduating from imaging, you can work hard to become a doctor.
5. Different career development:
1. After graduating from imaging technology, he will soon enter the job, and can become a senior technician in about seven years and obtain a high salary.
2. Imaging needs to study for a doctorate, slowly become a doctor, and enter the work more slowly, but the prospects are also relatively good.
Medical imaging refers to the technology and processing process of obtaining internal tissue images of the human body or a certain part of the human body in a non-invasive manner for medical treatment or medical research. It contains the following two relatively independent research directions: medical imaging system and medical image processing.
The former refers to the process of image formation, including the research on imaging mechanism, imaging equipment, imaging system analysis and other issues; The latter refers to the further processing of the image that has been obtained, the purpose of which is either to restore the original image that is not clear enough, or to highlight some characteristic information in the image, or to classify the image in a pattern, etc.
As a science, medical imaging belongs to biological imaging and includes diagnostic imaging, radiology, endoscopy, medical thermography, medical photography, and microscopy. In addition, techniques such as encephalogram and encephalography, although the focus is on measurement and recording, do not show images, but because the data generated has localization characteristics (that is, contains location information), it can be regarded as another form of medical imaging.
In terms of clinical application, also known as medical imaging, or imaging medicine, some hospitals will have an imaging medicine center, an imaging medicine department or an imaging medicine department, and equipped with related instruments and equipment, with specialized nurses, radiographers and physicians, responsible for the operation of instruments and equipment, image interpretation and diagnosis (in Taiwan must be responsible for physicians), which is different from radiology responsible for radiotherapy.
In medicine, medical engineering, medical physics and bioinformatics, medical imaging usually refers to the science of studying the composition, acquisition and storage of images, as well as the research and development of instruments and equipment. The study of how to interpret, interpret and diagnose medical images belongs to the department of radiation medicine, or other medical fields (such as neuroscience, cardiovascular disease…) of auxiliary science.
Universities offer such types of majors
The medical imaging major is divided into four-year and five-year programs, and the specific introduction can refer to Baidu Encyclopedia’s “Medical Imaging Technology” entry.
Medical imaging technology is the name of the medical profession. The reason why China introduced a policy in 06 to divide the same major into two different academic year systems to teach is to integrate with some developed countries in the West. Four-year students are trained so that they can specialize in technical work in the future, and five-year students are trained to work in diagnosis and treatment in the future. We cannot deny this approach of the state, because the trend of the times is indeed to separate talents from all aspects, and to specialize in a certain profession, so that society can continue to progress.
The most important difference is the diploma after graduation.
As mentioned above, after graduating from the five-year program, you have to work in diagnosis in a medical unit, and the diploma awarded after graduation is also a bachelor’s degree in medicine. The four-year program is different, and given the policy requirements of the state, only Bachelor of Science degrees can be awarded. According to the existing national policy (as follows): Practitioner registration conditions
According to the relevant provisions of the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Licensed Physicians, the content is as follows:
Article 9: Those who meet any of the following conditions may participate in the qualification examination for licensed physicians:
(1) Having a bachelor’s degree or above in medicine from a school of higher learning, and under the guidance of a licensed physician, has completed a one-year probationary period in a medical, preventive, or health care institution;
(2) After obtaining the practicing assistant physician practice certificate, have a medical college degree from a college of higher learning, and have worked in medical, preventive and health care institutions for two years; Those who have a medical degree from a secondary specialized school and have worked in medical, preventive and health care institutions for at least five years.
Physician Qualification Examination Registration Eligibility Regulations:
15. In any of the following circumstances, registration for the physician qualification examination will not be accepted:
1. Health vocational high school graduates;
2. Graduates of basic medicine, forensic science, nursing, auxiliary medicine, medical technology and other related medicines, pharmacy, and medical management;
3. Graduated from a medical major, but the syllabus and professional training direction or graduation certificate indicate that the direction is not medical;
4. Graduated from a medical major, but the syllabus and professional training direction or degree certificate prove that the degree is non-medical;
5. Non-active military personnel apply for the examination with a probationary period certificate issued by a military medical, preventive or health care institution or register for the medical qualification examination in the military;
6. Active-duty military personnel holding a probationary period certificate issued by a local medical, preventive or health care institution;
7. Holders of “Professional Certificate” or “Academic Certificate” to register for the physician qualification examination;
8. Students enrolled after January 1, 1999 who enrolled in secondary specialized schools for health workers apply for the qualification examination for practicing assistant physicians after graduation.
It is not difficult to see that at present (06 to 10 years), the four-year system cannot apply for a medical practitioner certificate like the five-year medical imaging, which is the most essential difference between the four-year system and the five-year system, and it is this difference that causes the difference after graduation.